Sunday, August 16, 2015

Inspiration (n.): the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.

First things first: Welcome to Avocado Rain!

Inspiration is an amazing thing, and we can find things all around us that evoke thoughts, ideas and actions. My hope for this blog is to do just that - Inspire you. Over the last few years, I've been working hard to break bad habits and step out of my comfort zone in many areas of my life. Living with confidence has become very important to me, and I hope I can inspire you to face with world  with new-found confidence too.

I figured while we're on the topic of inspiration, I'll share with you three of my favorite people that inspire me the most to live my life with confidence.

Dana was not available to be pictured, so here's a cute puppy instead.
Dana
Dana is my best work friend, and she is basically my alter-ego. Everything about her screams confidence and positivity. She can make anyone smile and has a personality that is larger than life. Dana has inspired me most to step out of my comfort zone and try new things, especially where fashion is concerned. From her, I have learned that attitude  and confidence are the best accessories you can wear, and frankly, they go great with everything.





Nick
Nick is the older brother I never had. The most inspiring thing about him is how confident he is with who he is. He is definitely himself, and no one else. If there is anything I've learned by being friends with him, it would be to be the person I want to be. He inspires me to love the person I am instead of pretending to be someone I'm not.



 
Abby
Abby & my oldest pup, Jetsie.

Abby is the best possible combination of Dana and Nick with her own special twist. Of any person I've ever met, Abby is by far the strongest, most confident and sassy individual of them all. She has never been afraid to speak her mind and enjoy the things she loves. She is brash, brutally honest and inspires me to face the world head on. Nothing has stopped her from being who she is, not even a rare tumor in her brainstem. She has been through so much, yet looks at the world with her head held high (even with a partially shaved head and large scar on her scalp). If she is not the embodiment of confidence, I don't know who would be. If you're interested, you can find more information regarding Abby's brain tumor here.
 
Those are three of the most inspiring people in my life. Who are the people that inspire you the most to be confident? Please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment